Fresh breath is an important part of our daily hygiene. Although many commercial products claim to solve this problem, there are natural methods to obtain pleasant breath. In this article, we'll walk you through three simple tips for getting fresh breath naturally, emphasizing the importance of taking care of your oral microbiota.
1. Take care of your oral microbiota
The oral microbiota is made up of billions of microorganisms living in our mouths. A healthy balance of good and bad bacteria is crucial for fresh breath.
- Avoid foods high in sugar and refined carbohydrates, as they promote the growth of bad breath-causing bacteria.
- Include probiotic foods in your diet, such as plain yogurt and sauerkraut, to support a healthy balance of bacteria in your mouth.
- Chew fiber-rich foods, such as fresh fruits and crunchy vegetables, as they stimulate saliva production, which helps break down food particles and neutralize acids.
2. Adopt a healthy and complete oral hygiene
Good oral hygiene is essential to maintain fresh breath. Here are some tips for taking care of your mouth:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day, for two minutes each time. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoridated toothpaste.
- Don't forget to brush your tongue, as it can accumulate food residue and bad breath-causing bacteria.
- Use dental floss or interdental brushes to remove food residue between teeth and in hard-to-reach spaces.
- Rinse your mouth with a natural, alcohol-free mouthwash containing ingredients such as peppermint essential oil or salt water to reduce harmful bacteria.
3. Stay hydrated and change your habits
Dehydration and certain habits can contribute to bad breath. Here are some tips for staying hydrated and avoiding aggravating factors:
- Drink enough water throughout the day to maintain adequate hydration. Saliva, produced in sufficient quantity, contributes to keeping a fresh mouth.
- Limit your intake of alcohol and coffee, as they can dry out your mouth and cause bad breath.
- Avoid smoking and tobacco use as they can cause bad odor in your mouth and negatively affect your oral health.
By following these three simple tips, you can maintain fresh breath naturally. Taking care of your oral microbiota, adopting good oral hygiene and avoiding harmful habits are essential steps for a healthy mouth and pleasant breath.
Find our Regenerating Microbiotic Toothpaste on our website :)